27th May 2020
With regard to the Facebook post concerning the "Opposing ‘Hong Kong National Security Law’ Joint Statement by SFXC/SFXS (Tsuen Wan) Students and Alumni", here is a Statement from the IMC of St. Francis Xavier’s College:
- The petition on Facebook is not and does not represent the official stance of our school.
- Catholic Education upholds the teachings of Christ to pursue Truth, Justice and Love. We expect students to equip themselves properly and focus on learning during schooling in order to become contributive members of the society.
- Our school sponsoring body, the Marist Brothers, does not agree or encourage that students should participate in any kinds of political movement or civil disobedience. The Marist Brothers does not want to see our students get hurt physically or psychologically.
- The mission of education of the Marist Brothers is to nurture students to become kind, cheerful, rational and caring gentlemen. May all alumni and students remember the nurturing of our brothers, and continue to cherish our school.
- A school is a place for learning. Our school will try our best to preserve a safe and peaceful learning atmosphere for our students. We urge all parties to cooperate with us.